ACHILLES MODEL - FOLDING RANGE
Insulated, secure, robust
The new Guardian Achilles opens the way to the future of bi-fold door design. It has aesthetically pleasing styling, many safety features and options – the new Achilles is a versatile insulated door solution. It is manufactured to minimise any negative impact on the environment and, by reducing heat loss or ingress, the new Achilles can reduce energy costs. Having no bottom track or load-bearing lintel, installation of the new Achilles is straightforward, with minimal construction requirements. The new Achilles can be installed where other door systems cannot.
Automatic operation takes only seven seconds from closed to fully open - regardless of size. In the event of a power failure or for hand-operated doors, manual operation is effortless - allowing access in as little as two seconds. No other door will give you this speed of operation and full security at all times.
The Achilles door is available in seven different leaf configurations, with any combination of one, two or three leaves hinged to one or both jambs.
Available in a range of configurations up to 5.7 meters wide and 6 meters high with a maximum 24m2 door area.
Doors are side hung, with no bottom channel - reducing installation costs over other folding door systems. All versions fold clear of the opening, requiring minimal side and headroom. Fully weather sealed for low heat loss incorporating full height, finger nip protection between the leaves for operator safety. Achelies doors can also be power operated ( opening in under 5 seconds ) using a quiet, quick action electrohydraulic mechanism with a choice of safety and control options.
- Simple pre-preparation requirements
- Innovative flat panel, single peice insulated construction
- Rapid operation
- Side hung with no bottom track
- No requirements for load bearng lintel
- Minimal maintenance easy to repair
- Co-ordinated aluminium hardware
- Fully compliant with CPD, and CE marked.
- Fully compliant with the European safety standards, BS EN 12604 12453.
- Tested for Air Permeability - Class 2.
- Tested for Water Leakage - Class 2.
- UKAS laboratory tested to 110,000 continuous cycles without replacement of any parts (equivilant of 15 cycles a day for 20 years).
- Effortless and instant manual operation.
- Leaves fold clear of the opening, requiring only 180mm side room.
- Minimal headroom of only 150mm required.
- Safe, automatic timed closing for immediate security.
- Opens fully in only 7 seconds.
- Full height access available at all times.
- Closes around crane rails, OLE or conveyors.
- Fully compliant with Part M for disabled person access.
- Minimal maintenance.
- No bottom track - leaving clear threshold.
- Seven different leaf configurations available for ultimate usability.