FIRE RESISTANT RANGE INS-240
Insulated Fire Resistant Steel Roller Shutter
GUARDIAN'S FIRE SHUTTER, the INS-240 Fire resisting roller shutter door is purposely designed for large openings, where insulation and fire resistance is a requirement.
Due to its unique and ground breaking construction, the radiant heat levels around the FRINS240 roller shutter door drop from 65kw sq metre to 2.7 kw sq metre, this means that combustible materials can be stored half a metre away from a 1200oC inferno, increasing floor space and reducing risk and break down of fire compartmentation.
Fire crews can safely tackle the blaze right next to the door, and anyone unfortunate enough to be trapped without an immediate exit can safely walk past the GUARDAIN FRINS240 Fire roller shutter, without fear of the radiant heat being as dangerous to them as the fire itself.
Exova (Warrington) have tested the shutter to BS476 pt 20. This indicitive test shows the Insulation value of 1 Hour with the IEZ (Insulated Exclusion Zone) in place. Distances range from 100mm - 300mm. This test also shows no risk to fire from ignition at the specified time and temperature.
Professional Installation - FIRAS
The installation of a fire door or shutter is a complex procedure requiring a detailed understanding of the role played by each individual component. It therefore needs to be installed by someone with the correct training and expertise.
As approved Firas Registered fire doors and shutter installers we ensure a certified and traceable process from manufacture to installation.
FIRAS is a certification scheme for companies installing fire protection products and systems. No matter how good a product is, poorly installed its fire protection performance can be severely reduced.
We are certified installers of fire doors and shutters. Proper installation of fire shutter assemblies and door sets is fundamental to their overall performance.
- BS476 part 22:1987 clause 8
- Max Size: 7m x 7m * check with our technical department
- Integrity: 240 mins
- Insulation: 60 mins
The LPC have a design guide which advises on all aspects ofconstruction and is available from their offices. The following are most common methods of construction fire walls which support fire resistant roller shutters:-
• Brick, Block or concrete involving a door opening with a concrete lintel across the head is suitable for up to 4 hour fire resistance.The minimum specification of the structural elements is advised in the design guide however the elements must be suitable for the requirement and able to securely hold steel fixings to support the door.
• Steel goalpost frame insulation encapsulated to support a fire roller shutter can be used up to 2 hour fire resisting.The steel must be adequate to support the door and wall structure and be insulated, the steel is required to a Hp/A230m(-1) and a critical temperature of 400C. 25mm insulation is adequate for this.
• Timber stud partition is suitable for up to 1 hour resistance however must be constructed to the minimum standard.
• Approved specialist structure which has been tested to BS 476 part 22. to the relevant fire resistance in combination with a fire roller shutter.
• Brick, block or concrete with steel lintel Insulated. Steel lintels must be insulated and flush when insulated with the block or brickwork max 2 hours fire resistance
- Galvanised Insulated twin skin steel lath 90mm x 24mm
- Level 2 Control panel
- Coil casing
- Activation via 24V fire alarm connection
Peace of Mind Warranties
All our products are guaranteed against defect of material or workmanship by Guardian Doors, subject to correct, maintenance and operation, for a period of 12 months from the date of installation. We offer extended warranties for up to 5 years with an agreed maintenance contract. Contact us for more details.
- Face Fix
- Revel Fix
The primary activation method for fire shutters is via the main fire alarm system. The signal from the fire alarm is routed via one of the below control units, giving the shutter a command to close.
In situations where there is no main fire alarm panel we can provide a standalone system that activates the fire alarm via one of the methods below as indicated with a * (please note for a standalone system an Audio Visual FDI panel is required).
Planned preventative maintenance
It is a legal requirement - as failure to show evidence of maintenance could mean prohibition & enforcement notices being served and fines up to £5000 and imprisonment for 2 years. 'Safety In Use' - the New European CEN Standards legislation - states that all types of door should be maintained in an efficient state, in efficient working order and in good repair. For further clarification visit www.dhfonline.org.uk.
Routine maintenance prolongs the operational life of the installation and ensures that the installation is kept in good working order - helping to prevent accidents and damage which in turn results in down time, effecting work flow, productivity and resulting in loss of revenue. It assists in identifying potential problems which can easily be rectified.
All our products are guaranteed against defect of material or workmanship by Guardian Doors, subject to correct maintenance and operation, for a period of 12 months from the date of installation.