Since the launch of SSIP, many Clients and Principal Contractors now adopt a SSIP approach to H&S pre-qualification and will only use contractors who hold a valid and in date Scheme certificate issued by a SSIP Forum member.
Holding a valid SSIP Member Scheme certificate means that a contractor will have demonstrated their Stage 1 H&S competence by meeting the core criteria as set out in the Construction (Design and Management) regulations or the H&S module in PAS91.
A key aim of the SSIP Forum is to reduce the burden and cost of H&S bureaucracy across the construction industry and, as part of this, a Worksafe certificate will be recognised by the other SSIP members who offer mutual recognition – meaning that there should be no requirement to to complete a further full H&S assessment.
View our SMAS certificate here.
ISO 9000 is maintained by ISO, the International Organization for Standardization and is administered by accreditation and certification bodies. The rules are updated, as the requirements motivate changes over time. Some of the requirements in ISO 9001:2008 (which is one of the standards in the ISO 9000 family) include
• a set of procedures that cover all key processes in the business;
• monitoring processes to ensure they are effective;
• keeping adequate records;
• checking output for defects, with appropriate and corrective action where necessary;
• regularly reviewing individual processes and the quality system itself for effectiveness; and
• facilitating continual improvementGuardians quality management system has been accredited to ISO9001 since 1992.
View our ISO 9001 BVQI Certificate.