INDUSTRIAL FIRE SHUTTER MODEL
Fire Resistant Steel Roller Shutter
FM60-240 Fire resisting roller shutter doors are purposely designed for larger openings outside the range of the TM60-240 model. The FM60-240 is designed to give up to 240 minutes of fire protection, with a multitude of fixing options certified and available to satisfy the current fire regulations.
The shutters are constructed in accordance with clause 8 of BS476 part 22:1987.
- LPCB Certificate number TE7311A
- BRE Global Assessment report number CC250207
- Max Size 7m x 7m
- Weight approx 20kg per sqM
The LPC have a design guide which advises on all aspects ofconstruction and is available from their offices. The following are most common methods of construction fire walls which support fire resistant roller shutters:-
• Brick, Block or concrete involving a door opening with a concrete lintel across the head is suitable for up to 4 hour fire resistance. The minimum specification of the structural elements is advised in the design guide however the elements must be suitable for the requirement and able to securely hold steel fixings to support the door.
• Steel goalpost frame insulation encapsulated to support a fire roller shutter can be used up to 2 hour fire resisting.The steel must be adequate to support the door and wall structure and be insulated, the steel is required to a Hp/A230m(-1) and a critical temperature of 400C. 25mm insulation is adequate for this.
• Timber stud partition is suitable for up to 1 hour resistance however must be constructed to the minimum standard.
• Approved specialist structure which has been tested to BS 476 part 22. to the relevant fire resistance in combination with a fire roller shutter.
• Brick, block or concrete with steel lintel Insulated. Steel lintels must be insulated and flush when insulated with the block or brickwork max 2 hours fire resistance
- Height 2000mm -> 4000mm = 350mm
- Height 4000mm -> 5000mm = 450mm
- Height 5000mm -> 6000mm = 450mm
- Galvanised steel construction
- Push button operation
- Auto reseting solenoid release
Peace of Mind Warranties
All our products are guaranteed against defect of material or workmanship by Guardian Doors, subject to correct, maintenance and operation, for a period of 12 months from the date of installation. We offer extended warranties for up to 5 years with an agreed maintenance contract. Contact us for more details.
- Face Fix
- Revel Fix
The primary activation method for fire shutters is via the main fire alarm system. The signal from the fire alarm is routed via one of the below control units, giving the shutter a command to close.
In situations where there is no main fire alarm panel we can provide a standalone system that activates the fire alarm via one of the methods below as indicated with a * (please note for a standalone system an Audio Visual FDI panel is required).
Planned preventative maintenance
It is a legal requirement - as failure to show evidence of maintenance could mean prohibition & enforcement notices being served and fines up to £5000 and imprisonment for 2 years. 'Safety In Use' - the New European CEN Standards legislation - states that all types of door should be maintained in an efficient state, in efficient working order and in good repair. For further clarification visit www.dhfonline.org.uk.
Routine maintenance prolongs the operational life of the installation and ensures that the installation is kept in good working order - helping to prevent accidents and damage which in turn results in down time, effecting work flow, productivity and resulting in loss of revenue. It assists in identifying potential problems which can easily be rectified.
All our products are guaranteed against defect of material or workmanship by Guardian Doors, subject to correct maintenance and operation, for a period of 12 months from the date of installation.