Fire Risk Assessments
Don't receive a hefty fine - Fire Risk Assessments explained
What you need to know about the "Fire Reform Order"
The main emphasis of the changes made by the RRO 2005 is towards fire prevention:
- Fire certificates were abolished and ceased to have any legal status.
- Under the RRO 2005 a ‘responsible person’ must be appointed for each premises.
- The ‘responsible person’ is required to carry out an assessment of the risks (fire risk assessment) of fire and take steps to preferably remove, but if not, reduce the risks.
- Provide information, instruction and training to your employees about the fire precautions in your workplace.
- Provide and maintain such fire precautions as are necessary to safeguard those who use the workplace.
7/10 UK businesses fail to reopen after serious smoke or fire damage.
How we can help
The obligations placed upon organisations and individuals to comply with Health & Safety legislation is onerous and often difficult to comprehend. Even the Health & Safety Executive, a government funded organisation is unable to offer you a definitive list of legislation that applies to your unique set of circumstances. Their view seems to be that you decide what is appropriate from the existing extensive list of legislation.
At Guardian, we have invested time and effort on your behalf by compiling a detailed matrix of legislation and business types to enable us to carry out a Health & Safety Audit, which will identify:
- What you shoud be doing
- What you are doing
- What you need to be doing
Should you have completed your own audit or know specifically what risk assessment you need to carryout, then Guardian can provide these for you, using our unique approach, cutting out bureaucracy and providing detailed, easy to follow, action plans to assist you implementing the findings simply and effectively with the minimum of effort.
Our services to you last for a whole year from the date of the inspection. Please feel free to contact us at any time discuss any aspect of your fire safety needs within that period at no additional cost.
If you're looking for expert advice on all the necessary steps that need to taken to ensure regulatory compliance, please contact us now on 0800 7836602.